Focus on Central Arrangements – The Ag, Vet & Library Category
Michael Hughes, Category Manager for Ag, Vet & Library
As the Category Manager for Ag, Vet & Library at EPS, I’m excited to bring you the latest updates from our sector.
Our commitment at EPS is to ensure that the wider public sector has access to the best procurement arrangements, and I’m proud to say that our category continues to play a pivotal role in this mission.
• Library: 8 frameworks
• Agriculture & Vet: 2 frameworks
Our category’s diversity is our strength, and it’s a testament to the hard work of our team that we manage such a broad spectrum of frameworks.
Our Category – A Closer Look:
In the Ag/Vet & Library category, we oversee the procurement of goods and services within the agriculture, veterinary, and library sectors.
• Agriculture & Veterinary: From procuring large equipment to bespoke agricultural and veterinary services, we cater to the diverse needs of the veterinary and agricultural sectors in the public service. A notable framework in this area is our multi supplier framework agreement for the supply of livestock feed and fertiliser for Teagasc, which is also available to other public sector bodies, such as the Department of Agriculture.
• Library: Our focus here extends beyond just books. We ensure the provision of journals, periodicals, databases, and library management systems to support the evolving needs of the library sector. Our multi supplier framework for the supply of learner books, for instance, allows ETB schools nationwide to easily access essential educational materials.
Our clientele includes the Department of Agriculture, all third-level education institutions, and Teagasc, to name a few.
Spotlight on Library Frameworks:
The library sector has seen significant advancements, especially in the digital realm. With the rise of remote learning and online resources, our frameworks have evolved to cater to these changing needs.
Current Library Frameworks:
1. BBB1266F: A single supplier framework that ensures the supply of essential e-Textbooks, supporting the remote and online provision of teaching, learning, and assessment. This is particularly in collaboration with TUD.
2. BBB1374F: This framework focuses on the supply of learner books and exam papers for the Education and Training Boards.
3. BJP091F: A multi-supplier framework agreement for the provision of print or electronic journals and journal collections, specifically for HSE Libraries.
4. BDB090F: Another multi-supplier framework, this time for the provision of library databases for HSE Libraries.
5. BBB085F: A single party framework agreement for the supply of print books and audio-visual material to public libraries, in association with the LGMA.
6. BDB061F: A single supplier framework for the provision of online resources for public libraries.
7. BJP059F: This framework ensures the supply of library journals and periodicals through a single supplier.
8. BBB055F: A multi-supplier framework agreement for the supply of various library goods.
Next Generation Library Frameworks:
1. LI2433F: A multi-supplier framework for the provision of library goods, including both books & eBooks. This will replace our current framework BB085F.
2. LI2507F: Another multi-supplier framework, this one focuses on the supply of reoccurring resources, including serials, journals, and associated services. This will replace our current framework BJP059F.
3. LI2605F: This a single supplier framework for the provision of online resources for public libraries and will replace BDB061F.
In conclusion, as the Ag / Vet & Library category adapts and grows, we will ensure that the wider public sector has access to the best procurement resources, whether they are for agriculture, veterinary services, or libraries. We will continue to collaborate with and build strong relationships with our existing and new public sector customers.
Help us to improve our website