‘The year 2023 marks a significant turn for public service in Ireland. With the recent launch of the “Better Public Services – the Public Service Transformation 2030 Strategy” by Minister Paschal Donohoe, we are on the threshold of a transformative journey.
The strategy’s core themes resonated with me, emphasising digital innovation, evidence-informed policies, and a forward-looking workforce.
At the Education Procurement Service (EPS), our vision has always been in tandem with progressive change. Here’s how we align with this transformative direction:
• Digital Evolution: We are committed to adopting new technology systems that enhance our speed, reliability, and functionality.
• Process Optimisation: Continuous improvement in our core processes and workflows ensures we remain efficient and responsive.
• People at the Core: Recognising that our staff is our strength, we’re investing in training and development. Moreover, as we grow, acquiring specialised talent remains a priority.
• Partnership Focus: Our collaboration with vendors goes beyond transactions; we aim to foster strong, positive, and lasting relationships.
• Digital Value Creation: Our mission is to leverage digital technology, enhancing value for all stakeholders.
In this edition of the newsletter, we’re thrilled to share:
• The Public Service Transformation 2030 Strategy – Minister Donohoe launches Better Public Services
• An update on Minister Donohoe’s plans to ramp up the use of Centralised Procurement Arrangements.
• A spotlight on our EPS Category Ag/Vet and Library operations and insights into the Central Procurement Model.
• Key takeaways from the OECD study on Procurement in Ireland.
• The annual OGP Survey in partnership with Red C, aiming to gauge satisfaction and derive actionable insights.
• An update on the new eTenders platform and its evolving dynamics.
• The Self Serve Guide for Contracting Authorities
• Lastly, a look at Upcoming Events, including webinars and information sessions that promise to enrich our understanding and collaboration.
I believe that to harness the power of collective effort, communication is the key. As you delve into this edition, I hope you find inspiration, knowledge, and the assurance that together, we are shaping the future of procurement in education, in line with Ireland’s broader transformational goals.
Director Education Procurement Service & Head of Sourcing Education
Help us to improve our website